“P-2-P” IS ALL ABOUT “PEER-to-PEER” LEARNING EXPERIENCES…
- Client best-practice round tables where you’ll trade ideas and information with other top users of the CrunchTime suite
- Hands-on workshops on business intelligence reporting, and advanced features in Enterprise Manager
- Client case studies of successful system-wide rollouts and upgrades, including software testing tips and tricks to keep your projects moving smoothly
- A sneak peek at our newest apps and most advanced functionality
- An in-depth session on understanding systems integration options and best practices
- Business updates and insights from our top executives including CEO, Bill Bellissimo; COO, Dave Daugherty; VP of Client Services, Jean Fogarty; and technical visionaries: VP of Technology, Tim Callaghan and VP of Product Development, Jim Krawczynski
- The collaborative Smaht Bah workstations- work 1:1 with a product specialist to tackle any issue on any product
- Peer networking opportunities each morning and evening
THE CONTROL 2016 SESSIONS WILL BE HELD AT
UNION STATION – WOLFGANG PUCK
All sessions will be held at UNION STATION – WOLFGANG PUCK. For the most up-to-date agenda, please download the event app.
Monday, September 12
Tuesday, September 13
Wednesday, September 14
*Agenda is subject to change.
- Right Size Round Table Team up with other companies your size to trade ideas about maximizing your ROI in CrunchTime. Learn how your peers support the use of the application, which practices save them the most time and money, and the tips and tricks they’ve learned through experience.
- Counterparts Round Table We’ll separate into groups by job title or responsibility (C-level, Super Users, Finance, Operations, Purchasing, etc.) so you can trade ideas with your peers. Discover best practices related to CrunchTime from people who truly understand the job you face each day.
- 1 Version of the Truth Round Table Speak to your peers about how they use the information that comes out of CrunchTime to better run their companies. Discover how they use CrunchTime data in meetings, performance reviews, and day to day management of their operations to increase profitability and pinpoint problem areas.
- Case Study: Easier Upgrades Are you thinking about upgrading to the newest version of CrunchTime? Are you considering adding functionality like Labor or Daily Prep? Join us to learn how a client prepared for and managed their latest upgrade, and a deep veteran of CrunchTime gives you tips and best practices on software testing before you go live.
- What Drives Workplace Behaviors? Want to hire the best talent, retain and engage your employees, better develop teams and identify high performers early on so you can turn them into leaders? Learn how as guest speaker Michael Zani, CEO of Predictive Index, shares the science behind what drives workplace behaviors.
- New Product Showcase / v5.30 What’s new at CrunchTime? We’ll cover it all, including new mobile apps, the highlights of the latest version of CrunchTime’s enterprise Manager and Net-Chef, and maybe a sneak peek at what’s around the corner.
- Workshop: Enterprise Manager and Net-Chef – the Next Level Bring your laptop and prepare to dig into your data as we guide you through Enterprise Manager and Net-Chef processes and reports that our best users swear by.
- Workshop: Beyond the Wizards – Writing custom reports in BizIQ Learn to use BizIQ, our business intelligence application, to write custom reports that dig deeply into your data to reveal trends and answers. You do NOT need to have BizIQ implemented at your company to participate.
- Labor: How it Works The Labor module in CrunchTime has changed dramatically over the years. It’s powerful, it’s free as part of the CrunchTime core application, and it now supports the use of TeamworX, our mobile app for staff management. Come learn the three most popular ways to use it, and what it can do for you.
- See-level In 1995 CrunchTime was the first company to put the restaurant back office on the web, and we’ve been innovating ever since. Founder and industry visionary Bill Bellissimo will share what he sees for the year ahead.
- Service and Technology Update Tech team leader Jim Krawczynski will share key insights about how our technology is evolving, and how it will benefit our clients, while Jean Fogarty, SVP Client Services, will outline plans for how the Client Services team will use new tools and techniques to get bigger, better, and faster in our efforts to serve you.
- Talk to Me – How Systems Integration is Changing Technical Team lead Tim Callaghan knows data, and you’ll learn how he’s changing the way it can be shared between systems. From flat files to APIs and beyond, Tim is your guide to understanding integration.
BOOK YOUR HOTEL…
We have a room block at the Hyatt Regency Dallas costing only $189/night. Please use this link to reserve your room(s) or call 1-800-421-1442 and refer to the group code G-REGO.
The special CrunchTime room rate expires on 8/22/16 and after this date we are unable to guarantee our reduced rate or availability.
Get our mobile guide to CrunchTime Control 2016. Access the most up-to-date information about our event, including schedules, maps, and much more. Download it here.