iPhones are everywhere, aren’t they? Between our guests and our staff, smartphone use can be a mixed bag for the restaurant industry. On the positive side, smartphones are fantastically effective for marketing as customers and staff choose to capture and share memorable moments in your restaurants. They may also be employed effectively for at-table ordering. Conversely, it can be frustrating to be surrounded by people glued to their smartphones during a meal, and, of course, it’s a big no-no if staff are using their devices in front of the customers.
It’s imperative that the industry take note of powerful new technology devices – especially the Apple Watch. Although the wearable technology market has not yet fully delivered, acceptance is growing and mass market adoption is anticipated by most industry experts.
The Apple Watch can help the restaurant industry
The best Apple Watch apps are used as a complement to more feature-rich iPhone mobile apps. The most helpful Watch apps for the restaurant industry are glance-able and easily display alerts that notify the wearer of important information such as a table needing assistance, or a meal ready to be served.
Here are five great reasons why Apple Watch restaurant apps can be a big success in your restaurants:
- Task Notifications and Alerts – Receive gentle notifications with reminders about key tasks such as conducting inventory and cleaning restrooms, or in instances such as when an employee has a break violation.
- Monitor KPIs – Track sales metrics, food and labor costs, guest counts, and much more. For managers, the Watch can share any metrics that are monitored with your back office-powered iPhone app – all in a glance-able format.
- Change Culture – With wearable devices, your staff will get off their phones and get important updates – all while being discrete around customers.
- Forecast Variance – Easily monitor how your restaurants actual performance measures up against forecasted performance.
- Stay in front of Guests – Stay visible to staff and customers while keeping track of your back-office powered metrics on your wearable device.
Even without the benefit of Wi-Fi in your restaurant, your team can still use their wearable Apple or Android watch by tethering it to a manager’s smartphone. Clearly, the Watch promises to be an easy-to-wear and highly productive mobile tool for the restaurant industry.