When you partner with a restaurant software solution which includes vendor management tools you will streamline your strategy for food service distribution.
Have you ever thought about how a restaurant is kind of like a three-legged stool? In this metaphor, each leg supports the operational success of the restaurant. One leg of the stool represents your customers. The second leg represents your operations. The third leg represents your partners. If any of the three legs are weak, then your whole business could topple.
Have a look at the partner leg. For this leg, one of the most important partners an operation has is their foodservice distributor or broadliner.
Sysco, a leading industry foodservice broadliner, notes that as of 2014 there are more than 16,500 companies engaged in the distribution of food and non-food products to the foodservice industry in the United States. Sysco then estimates that these 16,500 companies serve about 17.7% of the $264 billion in annual foodservice market in the US and Canada. Additionally, in 2014, the foodservice market (food-away-from-home) represents approximately 48% of the total amount spent on food purchases made by consumers in the US.
Given the clear importance of food-service distribution partners, we have listed eight excellent reasons why partnering with a restaurant back office solution that includes vendor management functionality can help restaurants save money on food costs. This partnership can also help conserve energy and efforts by simplifying the entire ordering and reconciliation process with their system or broadline distributor.
- Coordinate Electronically with Vendors – Save resources and increase precision with start-to-finish electronic supplier integration that will help with payment reconciliation, invoicing, ordering and order guide updates.
- Grow Satisfaction and Safety for your Customers – Your customers will greatly appreciate the consistency of your food quality created by selecting dependable vendors and centrally defining all product specs across your operations.
- Vendors Scorecards – Use scorecards to compare invoices and delivery experiences with the terms for each vendor order and contract. A quality BOH software system will electronically construct scorecards that ascertain fill ratios, service quality, quality of the product, and compliance with the contract.
- Greater Supplier Control – Use order guide controls, quick credit recovery, and automated exception alerts to remove supplier overcharges and substitutions not approved.
- Audit Contracts – Secure 24/7 understanding in order to better fill ratios, and clarify price compliance, service levels, and substitutions amongst restaurants, products, regions and vendors.
- Administration for Vendors – Grow procure-to-pay cycle and decrease administrative overhead when you coordinate all vendors in a central portal where they can manage their own order guides, credits, and payments.
- Normalize Units of Measure – Track individual vendor products as well as pack sizes on your company’s master product list. This will increase inventory and order accuracy and will normalize products across vendors.
- Bid Analysis Simplicity– Simplify your vendor bid analysis by using an automated “apples-to-apples” bid analyzer in order to centrally locate and select approved products, specifications, vendors, pack sizes and prices.
Did you know that your operations can greatly benefit from vendor management cost control tools by employing quality restaurant management software?
To learn more, reach out to CrunchTime and request an online demonstration.