Snap Kitchen Reduces Inventory Counts by 30 Minutes Per Day
Snap Kitchen Achieves Greater Labor and Inventory Efficiencies with Crunchtime Restaurant Operations Platform
Fast-growing healthy, pre-made meals brand cuts nightly retail inventory by 30 minutes, accurately scales recipe production up or down, and eliminates food waste
BOSTON, May 14, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — CrunchTime! Information Systems, Inc., the restaurant industry’s leading back-of-house operations platform provider, today announced Snap Kitchen, a fast-growing provider of healthy meal kits, has achieved new levels of labor, production, and inventory efficiencies at its kitchen commissaries and retail food locations since implementing the CrunchTime platform with mobile applications. Snap Kitchen has experienced a 30-minute reduction in its nightly inventory count, increased recipe production accuracy, and reduced food waste across all operations.
Snap Kitchen operates 35 retail locations in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and in Philadelphia, as well as two commissary kitchens, one each in Dallas and Philadelphia. Its ready-made meals can be ordered on-demand from the company website and picked up at a retail location 10 minutes later. Delivery options also are available to customers who order a week’s worth of meals at a time.
Snap Kitchen has deployed the CrunchTime platform, including its suite of native mobile apps at both commissaries and all retail locations to help manage their food prep, recipes, and to tackle their inventory challenges. Using CrunchTime’s inventory management system, Snap Kitchen slashed kitchen commissary costs by seeing real-time restaurant demand, consumption, and production requirements enabling them to better manage pre-made meal distribution and invoicing for each location, while reducing waste across the enterprise.
“The field loves the CrunchTime apps because they are intuitive, easy to use, and the training goes quickly,” said Matt Shestko, project manager for digital operations at Snap Kitchen. “Their Counter mobile inventory app, in particular, has been a big timesaver and improved accuracy for Snap Kitchen as it replaced a manual, paper-based inventory counting procedure that then had to be re-entered into the master inventory application.”
Since implementing the CrunchTime restaurant operations platform, Snap Kitchen has realized the following benefits:
- Labor Savings – Because multiple employees take inventory using Counter on tablets or phones, Snap Kitchen has cut 30-minutes off inventory time every night.
- Accurate Live Inventory – Once an invoice is saved in Reconciler, it instantaneously adds new purchases into inventory. Combined with Counter, Daily Prep, Waste Tracking and the POS depletion, CrunchTime provides real-time visibility to inventory and consumption across the enterprise.
- Intuitive, Easy-to-Use Apps – Simplified and streamlined team operations and workflows.
- Scalable Recipes – Used daily, CrunchTime’s recipe management functionality makes it easy to engineer profitable recipes and scale them accurately.
- Minimal Surplus – With more accurate recipes, Snap Kitchen makes exactly what it needs, which has significantly eliminated food waste.
- Lowered Food Costs and Purchasing – With tighter control on what they buy, Snap Kitchen no longer has to keep so much product on hand and can quickly remedy any variance in food cost.
“By partnering with CrunchTime, Snap Kitchen has been able to achieve labor, production and inventory efficiencies that help ensure food quality, eliminate food waste, and simplify operations,” said Jean Fogarty, Vice President, Client Services, CrunchTime! Information Systems, Inc. “As a result, Snap Kitchen has been able to solidify its position as a fast-growing, healthy-meal provider in its core markets.”
Come see CrunchTime! Information Systems at the NRA show, booth 6270.
About CrunchTime! Information Systems, Inc.
CrunchTime! Information Systems, Inc., provides a comprehensive restaurant operations platform that simplifies and automates restaurant operations. By driving the flow of information throughout the organization, CrunchTime ensures operators make timely, fact-based decisions that help brands reduce food and beverage costs, drive labor efficiencies, and better manage the quality and consistency of their foodservice operations. For almost 25 years, CrunchTime has enabled restaurant chains of all sizes to scale efficiently and save money. For more information, visit www.crunchtime.com.
Cavalier Communications, LLC.