Sweetgreen Wins Crunchtime’s Inaugural Ops Excellence Awards
Cited Significant Success Metrics Across Inventory Management, Labor Scheduling, and Operations Execution
BOSTON, November 13, 2023–Sweetgreen, a fast-casual restaurant brand with more than 200 locations in 19 states, was announced as the winner of Crunchtime’s inaugural Ops Excellence Awards at its Ops Summit customer conference, Oct. 4-5, in San Antonio. The awards program recognized the outstanding achievements of Crunchtime customers, and three finalists–Sweetgreen, P.F. Chang’s, and Tacala Companies (a Taco Bell franchise)–were selected to present their stories at the conference.
Sweetgreen’s notable achievements, presented by Jenn Huntress, Senior Operations Services Associate, included:
- Reduced time spent creating staff schedules in restaurant locations by 50%--from three hours per week to one and a half hours, on average.
- Increased waste management reporting, providing better visibility into waste reduction opportunities and underscoring Sweetgreen’s dedication to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- High adoption of operational form submissions with restaurants submitting line checks and management forms twice daily, resulting in improved scores on internal food safety audits.
“The hospitality industry faces a series of ongoing challenges that all restaurant brands are constantly navigating, from food costs, inventory, scheduling, and labor, to executing standard operating procedures,” said Huntress. “We’re grateful for this recognition and proud of the hard work that went into enhancing performance and driving operational excellence.”
Crunchtime customers were invited to participate in the awards program by submitting their success stories during the nomination period (June 22-August 4, 2023). Nomination requirements included explaining how their organization uses Crunchtime solutions to improve operational excellence, with priority consideration given to those that included success metrics to quantify the impact. Representatives from the three finalists presented their stories at Crunchtime's Ops Summit on October 4, 2023, and attendees voted on the winner, who was announced at the conference.
Honorable mentions were awarded to:
- Abt Business Technologies, a Culver’s franchise
- Aliservice S.A., a Domino’s franchise
- Alsaif Gallery
- Alshaya Group, a multi-concept franchise including Raising Cane’s and Pizza Express
- BGT Inc., a multi-concept franchise including Jamba Juice and Papa John’s
- Cousins Subs
- Five Guys
- Pressed Juicery
- Restaurant Growth Services, Ninety-Nine Restaurants
- Shake Shack
- Tupelo Honey Cafe
Crunchtime is how the world’s top restaurant brands achieve ops excellence in every location. Our software is used in over 125,000 locations in 100+ countries to manage inventory, staff scheduling, learning and development, food safety, operational tasks, and audits. Crunchtime enables customers including Chipotle, Jersey Mike’s, Domino’s, Dunkin’, Five Guys, and P.F. Chang's to control food and labor costs, and deliver great experiences. For more information, visit crunchtime.com.
Vice President of Marketing Communications